Water fountains are a great addition to any yard or garden. They not only provide a beautiful and tranquil sound of running water but also attract wildlife to your property. Inground water fountains are a popular choice for those homeowners looking for a more permanent installation. However, one question that is commonly asked is how often do you have to fill an inground water fountain? In this article, we will answer this question and provide you with some tips on how to maintain your fountain.
An inground water fountain is a great investment for your home, but it does require some maintenance. The frequency of filling depends on several factors. The size of the fountain, the water supply, and the weather conditions are all significant factors that affect the frequency of filling.
The larger the fountain, the more water it can hold. Therefore, larger fountains will require less frequent filling. However, it is important to keep in mind that larger fountains may also require more maintenance.
If your water source has a low flow rate, you will have to fill the fountain more frequently. A higher flow rate means more water available for the fountain, which leads to less frequent filling.
During the summer months, there is more evaporation and higher temperatures, leading to more frequent filling. On the other hand, during winter months and colder weather, there is less evaporation, leading to less frequent filling.
Tips for Maintaining Your Inground Water Fountain:
– Regularly check the water level of the fountain
– Clean the fountain regularly, including the pump and any filters
– Consider using a fountain cover to reduce evaporation and debris
– Keep the fountain filled with clean water to avoid algae and bacteria growth
– If you go on vacation, consider emptying the water and turning off the fountain to avoid any issues
Overall, it is recommended to fill an inground water fountain once a week. However, as mentioned, this can vary based on several factors, such as the size of the fountain, water supply, and weather conditions. By following the maintenance tips above, you can ensure that your fountain stays clean and functioning properly.
In conclusion, inground water fountains are a beautiful addition to any home and can provide years of enjoyment. It is important to keep in mind that maintenance is necessary to keep the fountain running properly. By following the maintenance tips mentioned in this article and filling the fountain as needed, you can enjoy a beautiful, tranquil feature in your backyard for years to come.
Table of Contents
- How Do You Fill A Water Fountain?
- How Do You Treat An Indoor Water Fountain?
- Inground Pool Water Fountain
- Inground Pool Water Fountain Parts
- How To Fill A Water Fountain?
- How To Fill Water Fountain?
- How To Fill Cat Water Fountain?
- How Do You Do The Electric For A Water Feature?
- How Do You Keep You Indoor Water Fountain Clean?
- Why Do You Need A Reservoir For Water Fountain?
Last update 2023-12-04