Cats are playful creatures that love to investigate and play with anything that catches their attention. As a cat owner, you may have experienced your furry friend attempting to destroy the cat water fountain you bought for them. Not only can this be frustrating and expensive, but it can also be dangerous for your cat if they ingest any broken pieces. In this article, we will provide you with some useful tips on how to get your cat to stop trying to destroy their water fountain.
First and foremost, it is important to understand why your cat may be trying to destroy their water fountain. One common reason is boredom. Cats need regular stimulation and playtime to keep them happy and active. If your cat does not have enough toys or activities to entertain themselves, they may turn to their water fountain as a plaything. Another reason could be that your cat is not comfortable with the water fountain and is trying to express their discomfort.
To prevent your cat from destroying their water fountain, here are some tips to follow:
1. Provide Alternative Toys: As mentioned earlier, boredom could be the reason your cat is trying to destroy their water fountain. Providing your cat with alternative toys or playtime can distract them from their destructive behavior. Invest in some interactive toys, scratching posts, or even a window perch where your cat can watch birds and relax.
2. Change the Water Frequently: Your cat may not like the taste or scent of the water in their fountain, which could be triggering their destructive behavior. Make sure to change the water in their fountain regularly and rinse it thoroughly. You can also try adding a few ice cubes or a small amount of catnip to encourage your cat to drink.
3. Hide the Power Cord: Some cats may be attracted to the power cord of their water fountain, which can lead to chewing and destruction. Keep the power cord out of sight or cover it with a cord cover to prevent your cat from reaching it.
4. Place the Fountain in a Safe Location: If your cat is knocking over the water fountain, it may be because it is in an unstable location. Make sure to place the fountain on a flat surface and away from shelves or other items that could fall on it.
5. Use a Deterrent Spray: If your cat is persistent in trying to destroy their fountain, you can try using a deterrent spray. There are several products on the market that are safe for cats and will deter them from chewing or scratching objects.
In conclusion, there are several reasons why your cat may be trying to destroy their water fountain, but with patience and the right approach, you can discourage this behavior. Providing alternative toys, changing the water regularly, and placing the fountain in a safe location are just a few ways to keep your cat entertained and discourage destructive behavior. Remember to always monitor your cat’s behavior and seek the advice of a veterinarian if you notice any health concerns.
Table of Contents
- How To Stop Cat From Knocking Over Water Fountain?
- How To Get My Cat To Drink From Water Fountain?
- How To Get My Cat To Use Water Fountain?
- Why Does My Cat Paw At And Move His Water Fountain Bowl?
- How To Get Your Cat To Drink From Water Fountain?
- How To Get Cat Water Fountain To Work?
- How To Get Cat To Drink From Water Fountain?
- How Do I Acclimate My Cat To A Water Fountain?
- How To Get Cat To Use Water Fountain?
- How To Get Cat Used To Water Fountain?
Last update 2023-12-05