Are you looking for ways to keep your furry friend hydrated and cool this summer? A cold water fountain is a perfect solution that will provide your pet with fresh and filtered water all day long. Making a cold water fountain for your pet is easier than you might think, and it doesn’t require any sophisticated tools. In this article, we will guide you through the process of creating a cold water fountain for your pet that will keep them healthy and happy.
Here’s how to make a cold water fountain for your pet:
Table of Contents
- 1 Materials
- 2 Steps
- 3 Benefits of a Cold Water Fountain for Your Pet
- 4 Related Products
- A large plastic bowl
- A smaller bowl that fits inside the plastic bowl
- A water pump or a submersible pump
- A length of tubing
- A power drill with a hole saw attachment
- A ceramic or stainless steel water filter
- A bag of pebbles and/or decorative rocks
Step 1 – Drill a Hole in the Plastic Bowl
Using a power drill with a hole saw attachment, drill a hole in the bottom of the plastic bowl. Make sure that the hole is large enough to accommodate the tubing that you will use to connect the water pump. The hole should be at least ¼ inch in diameter.
Step 2 – Place the Water Filter
Place the ceramic or stainless steel water filter inside the smaller bowl. This will prevent debris and impurities from entering the fountain and ensure that your pet is drinking clean and fresh water.
Step 3 – Place the Pump
Place the pump inside the smaller bowl with the water filter. Make sure that the pump is completely submerged in water to avoid burning out. It’s best to use a submersible pump specifically designed for fountains.
Step 4 – Connect the Tubing
Connect the tubing to the pump and thread it through the hole in the plastic bowl. Make sure that the tubing is long enough to extend from the pump to the top of the fountain.
Step 5 – Add Decorations and Pebbles
Add a few decorative rocks or pebbles to the bottom of the plastic bowl. This not only adds a nice touch to the fountain but also provides an anchor for the pump and tubing.
Step 6 – Fill with Water
Fill the plastic bowl with water until it’s about ¾ full. Then plug in the pump and watch as the water circulates through the fountain and flows through the tubing and back into the fountain.
Step 7 – Place in Your Pet’s Favorite Spot
Place the fountain in your pet’s favorite spot and watch as they enjoy fresh and cool water all day long.
Benefits of a Cold Water Fountain for Your Pet
- Encourages your pet to drink more water
- Provides fresh, filtered, and cool water
- Helps to prevent dehydration, especially in hot weather
- Prevents the spread of bacteria and impurities
- Improves your pet’s overall health and wellbeing
In conclusion, creating a cold water fountain for your pet is a fun and easy DIY project that will keep your furry friend hydrated and happy. With just a few materials and simple steps, you can create a refreshing and cool water source for your pet that they will love. By providing your pet with clean and fresh water, you are also taking a step towards improving their overall health and wellbeing.
- How To Get A Water Fountain Cold Again?
- How To Make Make A Water Fountain At Home?
- How To Make A Container Water Fountain?
- How To Make A Teapot Water Fountain?
- How To Make A Small Opudoor Water Fountain?
- How To Make A Desktop Water Fountain Pa?
- How To Make A Water Fountain Coper Ppipe?
- How To Make Water Fountain Metal Bowl?
- How To Make A Water Fountain For Wild Lizards?
- How To Make A Water Fountain For Inside?
Last update 2023-11-27