If you are a water fountain enthusiast, you will know that the key to enjoying your water fountain for a longer time is regular maintenance and repair. However, as with most things, there might come a time when the fountain needs replacement. Knowing how to replace it will save you the hassle of having to hire a professional and also ensure that the newly installed fountain functions as intended. In this article, we discuss the steps to follow to replace a water fountain.
Table of Contents
- 1 Step 1: Unplug the Fountain
- 2 Step 2: Drain the Fountain
- 3 Step 3: Dismantle the Fountain
- 4 Step 4: Clean the Area
- 5 Step 5: Install the New Fountain
- 6 Step 6: Fill the Fountain
- 7 Step 7: Enjoy Your New Fountain
- 8 Related Products
Step 1: Unplug the Fountain
Before beginning the replacement process, ensure that the fountain is unplugged. This is to avoid any accidents, especially when dealing with an electric fountain.
Step 2: Drain the Fountain
Empty the fountain of any water or debris that might have accumulated over time. The easiest way to do this is to use a submersible pump, which sucks out the water from the fountain.
Step 3: Dismantle the Fountain
Carefully dismantle the fountain by removing the components one by one, starting with the pump and ending with the fountain basin. If the fountain has a column or a statue, handle it carefully and remove it only after the electrical and plumbing connections have been disconnected.
Step 4: Clean the Area
After removing the fountain, clean the area around the fountain and the base where the new fountain will be placed. This is to ensure that there are no blockages or debris that might interfere with the new fountain’s function.
Step 5: Install the New Fountain
Start by installing the new fountain’s base in the designated area. After this, begin to install the fountain components, starting with the electrical and plumbing connections. Ensure that the pump and tubing are fixed securely in their positions.
Step 6: Fill the Fountain
Once the fountain is reassembled, refill the fountain with enough water. After this, turn on the power to the fountain and run it for a few minutes to check if there are any leaks or malfunctions.
Step 7: Enjoy Your New Fountain
If there are no problems, you can now enjoy your fountain. Remember to carry out regular maintenance to ensure that your new fountain lasts as long as possible.
Replacing a water fountain might seem daunting, especially if you have never attempted it before. However, if you follow the above steps, you will find that it is not as difficult as it seems, and you will be able to replace a water fountain successfully. Remember, before attempting to replace a water fountain, ensure that you have all the necessary tools, and if unsure, it is always better to seek professional help.
- How To Replace The Pump For Innova Water Fountain?
- How To Replace A Water Fountain Pump?
- How To Replace A Waterline On A Oasis Water Fountain?
- How To Replace Pump For Stone Finish Wall Water Fountain?
- Show Me How To Replace Tubing And Pump For A Water Fountain?
- Petco Water Fountain How To Replace Filter?
- How To Know When To Replace A Water Fountain Filer?
- How To Replace A 61314 C Water Regulator On An Elkay Water Fountain?
- How Often To Replace Cat Water Fountain Filter?
- How Yo Replace Button On Water Fountain?
Last update 2023-12-05