Water fountains can be an excellent addition to any public space or office environment. However, they can sometimes develop issues that can affect their efficiency and performance. One of the most common problems that you might face with your Elkay Water Fountain is that it keeps running water even when it is not being used. In this article, we will explain why your water fountain might be behaving like this and what you can do to fix it.
Water fountains are designed to provide continuous water flow, but they should stop dispensing water when not in use. If your Elkay Water Fountain is continuously running water, it could indicate a problem with your fountain’s electrical and/or mechanical component. Here are some of the most common reasons why your Elkay Water Fountain might be continuously running water:
1. Faulty Solenoid Valve: The Solenoid valve is an essential component of your Elkay Water Fountain since it controls the flow of water from the fountain. If your Solenoid Valve is malfunctioning or stuck in an open position, it will allow water to flow continuously, even when not in use.
2. Clogged Strainer: The strainer is a small basket-like component that is attached to the inlet valve of your water fountain. Over time, the strainer can become clogged with debris and other impurities, blocking the water flow and causing your fountain to keep running water continuously.
3. Faulty Control Board: The control board is another critical component of your Elkay Water Fountain that regulates the system’s electrical function. If your control board is malfunctioning or has experienced a system glitch, it can cause the fountain to keep running water.
4. Excessive water pressure: High water pressure can also cause your water fountain to continuously keep running water. When water pressure is too high, it creates an imbalanced water supply in the fountain, causing the valve to stay open and water to keep running.
In conclusion, if you are experiencing your Elkay Water Fountain continuously running water, it can be a significant cause for concern. You can examine these common causes and remedies during your troubleshooting process. You may even find these issues with similar models as well, so keep these troubleshooting tips and techniques in your tool belt. If you need help fixing the issue, contact an experienced technician immediately to avoid any further damage or issues. Ensure the efficiency and longevity of your water fountain with professional and prompt upkeep.
Table of Contents
- Why Does My Water Fountain Cooler Have To Much Pressure?
- Why Is My Patio Water Fountain Running Out Of Water Every Few Hours?
- How To Install My Push Bar Repair Kit #140046 For Elkay Water Fountain?
- How To Fix A Water Fountain That Wont Stop Running?
- Why Is My Platinum Water Fountain Pet Not Working??
- Why Does My Motor In My Water Fountain Keep Making Noises?
- Why Is My Cat Water Fountain Blinking Red?
- Why Is There Bubbles In My Dogs Water Fountain?
- Why Is My Catit Water Fountain Overflowing?
- How To Adjust The Water Pressure Coming From My Elkay Water Fountain?
Last update 2023-12-03